SIGNING UP FOR WATER SERVICE
- Contact our office at 615.449.2951 option 3, or come by our office at 680 Maddox Simpson
- Submit the Water Service Contract and other required forms as directed
- Make payment for initial fees (typically $100 deposit and $50 service fee)
MONTHLY BILLING PROCESS AND DUE DATES
- Water meters are manually read around the 20th of each month for consumption used the previous period (approximately 30 days). A bill is generated for this consumption and mailed at the end of the month, so customers should receive their statement on or shortly after the 1st of the following month.
- All payments are due by the 15th of the month. Any payments received after the 15th will receive a 10% late penalty.
- Failure to receive a bill does not relieve customer of payment or penalty, as the Authority cannot be responsible for accurate and timely delivery of the mail (see Bill Payment Options for preferred payment methods).
- Services on accounts not paid in a timely manner will be disconnected and a $50 processing fee added to the balance due. Disconnections typically occur around the 25th of the month. There are no second notices or final warnings given prior to disconnection. All services turned off for non-payment will not be turned back on except during normal business hours after all past due balances and fees are paid.
WATER LEAK AND WATER LINE INSURANCE
- Leak Insurance - this coverage is automatically added to your account so that you are protected against exorbitant water bills caused by leaks on your service line from the meter to your home’s interior plumbing (no exterior lines or devices). For full details of the program, to file a leak claim or to opt out of this coverage, call Servline at 615.994.6214.
- Line insurance – you may add this additional layer of coverage which covers the costs of replacing or repairing your water lines should cracks or breaks occur. For full details or to opt in, contact Servline at 615.994.6214.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Only one residence may be connected to each tap.
- Water Authority personnel have the right to safe and direct access to enter customer’s property at any time without advance notice for the purpose of reading the meter or to repair/maintain Authority property (including all lines and devices).
- Any assets of the Authority damaged by the consumer will be repaired or replaced at the consumer’s expense.
- The Authority has the right to disconnect service for any defaults in the contract, including the failure to pay any amounts due.